Established under the 1989 Ordinance of West Pakistan Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (Dera Ghazi Khan), the D.G. Khan Board was constituted. At the time of its constitution, the Board was repealed out of Board of Multan. As of current, the Board of D.G. Khan is officially being governed under the 1976 Act of Punjab Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education.
On January 4th, 1989, the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Dera Ghazi Khan was officially established. Initially the Camp Office was located in Multan but as of today, it has been shifted to the Headquarter of D.G. Khan.
Functions Of The Dera Ghazi Khan Board
There are some main functions of the board that are as follows:
- Holding and conducting examinations as prescribed by the authorities which include Intermediate Education, Secondary Education, Classical and Pakistani Languages and other similar examinations.
- According, withdrawing or refusing the recognition of any Educational Institution as desired.
- Laying down the official conditions to appoint for the various examinations that are held by D.G. Khan Board.
- Granting diplomas and certificates to all those candidates that have been successful in their examinations.
- Fixing, demanding and receiving fee from students as is prescribed by Governing Authorities.
- Bestowing exceptional students with medals, prizes, awards and scholarships.
- Promoting and organizing extra mural activities for students under its Jurisdiction.
BISE D.G. Khan Board Services
Students that fall under the Jurisdiction of D.G. Khan Board can avail the following services through the official website:
- Registrations: From getting guidelines to registration, private registration to how to migrate to another institute and submitting the form, the students can find it all under this tab.
- Results & Roll No. Slips: Students willing to get their roll no. slip can have it printed though the official website by following the procedure as mentioned. At the same time, upon announcement of results, the students can view that too. They need to give in their required details to get access to their result.
- Online Complaints: For all kinds of queries and complaints, the students can log on to the website and under the contact us tab, they will find a section where they can lodge their concerns. They also can view the response to their complaints and keep them updated with the current status.
- Online Challans: By giving in the desired details, students can fill in Challan forms online and get their prints too.
- Migration Application Submission: If students need to migrate, they can submit an application online.
- News: There are numerous changes, notifications, and announcements being made. Students can view it all on the official Board website.
The Dera Ghazi Khan Board Team
Just like every other Board in the Region, the D.G. Khan Board too consist of total of 15 members governing the body. But the three main officials of the Board are as:
- The Chairperson
- The Controller of Examination
- The Secretary
Jurisdiction Of D.G. Khan Board
So let’s have a look at the districts that fall under the D.G. Khan Division:
- Dera Ghazi Khan