The establishment of Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Faisalabad was laid officially in the year 1988. The board is officially governed under the Act of 1976 of Punjab Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education.
The total number of members of Board of Governors is 15 which includes the Chairperson. While some members were nominated based on the provisions of the Act under which it was established, the remaining are to be ex-officers. Moreover, the Board of Faisalabad being an autonomous institute has all the powers to make its own rules. But still, it is being controlled by the Government of the Punjab.
Operations Of BIAS Faisalabad Board
There are, as mentioned, 15 Governing members of Board of Faisalabad. The Main personnel include:
- The Chairperson
- The Controller of Examination
- The Secretary
Other such officers can be appointed, but by the controlling authority which happens to be the Government of the Punjab.
Services Offered By BIAS Faisalabad Board
There is an extensive range of services being offered by BIAS Faisalabad Board. These include:
- Holding and conducting examination that pertain to Matriculation, Intermediate and Secondary Education, Pakistani and Classical Languages. Also, some other educational examinations that were determined by the governing authority – the Government.
- According, refusing or withdrawing the recognition to any Educational Institution.
- Laying down appointment conditions for all those various examinations that are held by the Board.
- Granting diplomas and certificates to candidates that were successful.
- Fixing, demanding and receiving fee as prescribed by the ruling authority.
- Awarding scholarships, prizes and medals to those holding positions.
- Organizing and promoting extra mural campaigns and activities.
There are a number of other services too that are being offered by the Faisalabad Board. These include:
- Online Complaint Department: If the students have any complaints, they can make it to the relevant department through the official website. They need to fill in a form and select the department they wish to place a complaint to. They will also be able to keep track of their complaint.
- Downloading: The students can download a number of forms and applications directly from the website. These may be:
Online Duty Form
Online Challan Form
Online Billing Form
Roll Number Slips
Admission for Private Supplementary
- Online Results: The students have the facility of viewing their results from the comforts of their homes or while they commute. They can log on to the website, enter their required details and get the desired result information.
Jurisdiction Of BIAS Faisalabad Board
The main districts that fall under the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Faisalabad include
- Faisalabad District
- Toba Tek Singh District
- Jhang District
- Chiniot District
All the students that belong to the said areas need to apply for their Matriculation or Intermediate level examinations under the Faisalabad Board.