Lahore Board is considered to be Pakistan’s mainstream when it comes to Education. Being one of the biggest educational boards across the country, BIAS Lahore has the capacity to examine nearly 2 million students on an annual basis under the matriculation and intermediate examination system.
History Of BIAS Lahore Board
Pakistan emerged on the world map in 1947. Ever since then, the matriculation and intermediate level examinations were conducted under The University Of The Punjab’s patronage. However, after the declaration of Punjab University’s Ordinance Act of 1954, the Board of Secondary Education, Punjab came into formation in the province. This board took the examination control of Intermediate, Secondary and other classical languages from the University of the Punjab. After the establishment of this new entity, the first ever examination under BIAS Lahore was conducted the very next year which is 1955.
That said, because of a tremendous increase of candidates, there was a formation of two more new boards – Sargodha Board and Multan Board under a new Ordinance of West Pakistan Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education in the year 1968. This bifurcation further lead to the establishment of Gujranwala and Rawalpindi Boards.
In the year 1976, a new Punjab Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education act was established under which BIAS Lahore was re-constructed. At current, there are 9 Boards that are functioning in the province of Punjab, all at Division Level.
Operations Of BIAS Lahore Board
The main control over the Board office is in hands of the Chairman. This personnel acts as the board’s principal executive as well as academic officer. The Chairman also presides all the meetings held under the Board. Two officers are there to assist the Chairman, namely the Examination Controller and Secretary. They assist the officer in all matters of the administration and examination.
Services Offered By BIAS Lahore Board
Since the institution is regulating 9 Boards altogether, all at Division Level, then there are a number of services being offered under it for the convenience and comfort of students. These include:
- Facility Center: On the order of the Chairman Board, a state-of-the-art Facilitation Center for the students has been established offering a single-window facility point to solve all the troubles and problems concerning them. Students can get these services provided by the Center:
- No Objection Certificate: Students can get both private and regular N.O.Cs. The actual time in which this application is processed is 10-30 minutes. Students will, however, need to submit documents mentioned on the website. For both the private and regular certificate, they will be required to submit an Application Form, Original Bank Receipt, Two Photographs Passport Size, a Photocopy of Result card or Registration card and a School/College Leaving Certificate.
- Migration Certificate: Students can get regular migration certificates in a matter of 10-30 minutes. They will be required to submit an Application Form, Original Bank Receipt, Two Photographs Passport Size, a Photocopy of Result card or Registration card and a School/College Leaving Certificate.
- Duplicate Result Card/Certificate: In case students lose their original Result cards or Certificates, they are eligible to apply for a duplicate. Provided they submit an Application Form, Original Bank Receipt, Two Photographs Passport Size, Two Photocopy of Result card or Registration card and a Photocopy of an Authority Letter issued by the representative School or College. These too are available in regular and private. It takes about 12 hours for the process to be completed.
- Attestation Of Result Card/Certificate: Available for both regular and private. Students ought to submit an Application Form, Original Bank Receipt, Two Photographs Passport Size, a Photocopy of Result card or Registration card and two Photocopies of Result Card or Registration Card.
- File Tracking Feature: Students can now track their applications, be them any, which they have submitted to BIAS Board Lahore. They can check the status of the applications anytime, anywhere, while they commute or are in the comforts of their homes.
- Complaint Form: If students have any complaints, they can submit an application for that through the Lahore Board official website. Furthermore, they will be able to track their application and check the status to which stage of completion it’s at.
- Challan: Through the official website, students can also print their challan forms. They won’t have to go all the way down to the Board Office to get the challan. They can simply print it for any purpose.
- Online Results: Lahore Board official website also offers online result facility for those who have appear for an examination, be it matriculation or intermediate. All they need to do is enter their Roll No., the year they appeared in and the type of exam they gave.
Jurisdiction Of BIAS Lahore Board
In the year 1954, at the time of the board’s inception, it inherited extensive territorial jurisdiction to conduct examinations in Punjab, Azad Kashmir, Baluchistan, and Northern areas provinces. Further, there were two examination centers constituted in Nairobi (Kenya) and Kuwait to accommodate candidates residing overseas.
However, as of current times, the BIAS Lahore jurisdiction has been confined to Lahore, Sheikhupura, Kasur, and Nankana Sahib Districts.